Every female goes through a procedure called menstrual or period cycle. What remains common are some signs and on its contrary, there are many traits which change and vary from person to person. This article is a complete guide on How Long Does a Period Last? Here, in this article you will be reading on:
- What is a menstrual cycle?
- How long does a period last?
- What is the normal duration of a menstrual cycle?
- How duration varies from person to person:
What is a menstrual cycle?
The regularity and consistency of dates on which periods happen to occur are called “menstrual/period cycle”. What it signifies is the normal functionality of hormones and body parts. In short, it assists to keep you healthy. The question arises how. Well, it is all based on the secretion of hormones, working in the favor of chemicals in the body. The menstrual cycle implies its role by concocting pregnancy and that too every month.
How long does a period last depends on the first day of period cycle to the last day of the period. According to the research and studies, it is calculated that mostly the menstrual cycle is of 28 days. Many of us may get baffled as to how a person can bleed for 28 days in a month. It is the opposite which means the days in the cycle are free from the period.
Every age group has its own number of days in which the women go through a cycle in which they bleed. Here is a brief classification:
The cycle in which a person doesn’t bleed remains to 25 to 35 days.
The period cycle ranges from 25 to 45 days.
In short, what determines the intensity of period cycle depends largely on the deteriorated or accelerated amount of hormonal release.
How long does a period last?
Some facts about how long does a period last are:
- The minimum duration of menstrual or period cycle is limited to two to three days.
- However, the maximum amount of days for period is seven to ten days.
- The gap between two menstrual cycles varies from 20 to 45 days.
- In some cases, the duration of the gap is more than 45 days.
- Periods may have different characteristics in the form of smell, color, and the blood flow.
- There isn’t anything to fret if the period cycle changes with time. It could be because of a number of reasons.
What is the normal duration of a menstrual cycle?
Women tend to have the menstrual cycle from teenage until the time of menopause. Although the occurrence of menopause differs from person to person, it is noticed that the age in which menopause starts showing its symptoms is between 45 and 55.
What does menopause mean is another question which must be hanging in your mind? It means that the person who was on periods throughout her life has reached the point where she won’t be able to produce eggs in the womb (ovulation), resulting in no more pregnancies.
The very basic information on how long does a period last has a lot to discuss. In a nutshell, it varies from person to person based on the genes, the environmental brought up and naturally healthy throughout the span of life.